Our Region sponsored three resolutions:
1. Harnessing the Power of 2.1
2. Baby Changing Stations & Family Restrooms
3. LATTC Solidarity
All of them passed at General Assembly.
Review of Our Regional Goals:
As the semester comes to an end, it is a natural time for reflection. During the Region meeting at General Assembly, we were unable to go over most of the items on the agenda due to heavy time constraints. So, during this upcoming meeting, we will be going over several important things.
When I took my term, I had several goals for the Region:
Any goals that have pending under them are currently in the works.
1. Brand New Region Website – Done
2. An Advocacy Ad-Hoc that will possibly transition into a standing committee - Done
3. A plan to improve inter-regional communication – Done
4. Overhauled Governing Documents – Done and Waiting for Approval
5. Creation of a Fiscal Code – Done and Waiting for Approval
- This includes a proposal system to use Region money Pending
6. Obtain more funding – Pending
- Santa Monica College has donated $3,500, dedicated to Advocacy.
7. Bring all colleges active - Pending
8. Push for a major Regional focus on Advocacy with our funding, and Advocacy Committee Pending
9. Plan ahead for the next board
- Maintaining an acceptable level of institutional memory
- Best practices handbooks
As of now, our Region has almost accomplished most of these goals. We now have a working advocacy committee chaired by Senator Liahut, we have overhauled governing documents, and a fiscal code awaiting approval. We have almost doubled the amount of money our Region started with, and are currently working on bringing all of our Colleges active.
With approval of the Delegates, our Region will start planning a retreat for January.
I look forward to working with all of our Delegates to advocate for our constituents.